Chimney / Joint Seals
THE PERMANENT AND ECONOMICAL ALTERNATIVE TO TRADITIONAL JOINT SEALING METHODS
Use to seal: Pipe Joints & Manhole Joints
- Can be easily installed by municipal employees or contractors.
- Prevents I/I in man-entry size pipes and manholes.
- For pipe ID 18″ and larger.
- Manufactured with EPDM rubber and 304 or 316 stainless steel.
- Stop groundwater infiltration quickly and permanently in man-entry size pipe and manholes
- No requirement for special tools or training.
- May be used to rehabilitate cracked, corroded or deflected pipe joints.
- Meets all applicable ASTM standards for chemical and ozone resistance, strength, tear resistance, etc.
- Each seal individually manufactured to your exact specifications to ensure a proper fit
The are several advantages to the WedgeLock Assembly design.
- Using only a torque wrench, they provide a sealing system superior to that of the hydraulic jack method used in other joint seals.
- The two or more WedgeLock torquing points on each Expansion Band provide a much more uniform distribution of sealing force than jacking from a single point.
- They can be easily checked for the right torque value, or even removed and reinstalled if necessary.
The Internal Seal is available in three widths.
- The 7.5″ model is wide enough for most joint repairs. If the leaking joint is offset or deflected the 10.5″ provides a wider sealing area.
- For sealing even wider areas, the 7.5″ model with the extension flap is required. The flap allows the seals to be overlapped, providing an unlimited sealing area.
- The seals are hot spliced using virgin rubber to form a high strength vulcanized joint.
A number of factors in design and application make these Internal Seals superior to our competition.
Our unique WedgeLocks are manufactured using 316 Stainless Steel and the Expansion Bands are 304 Stainless Steel.
Using a torque wrench, the WedgeLock design provides superior and more predictable results than the hydraulic jack installation method used in other systems. Exerting up to two tons of sealing force, the Expansion Bands provide a more uniform distribution of sealing force than jacking from a single point.
The seals themselves are hot spliced using virgin EPDM rubber to form a high strength vulcanized joint. They are available in three widths as shown. The 7.5-inch seal is generally sufficient for most joints, but if the joint is deflected, the 10.5-inch seal will provide a wider sealing area. The Extension Flap Model may be used to allow overlapping of the seals, providing an almost unlimited sealing area.